Adverse Events Avoided; ED Costs and Readmissions Reduced
January 7, 2020 (Asbury Park, NJ) – GoMo Health, the creator of the evidence-based BehavioralRx® science for behavioral modification and human resiliency in vulnerable, underserved communities and populations, in collaboration with WellCare of Nebraska, today released the outcomes of their jointly offered Baby’s First digital therapeutic program for women, families, and babies that are WellCare Medicaid members.
Measurable quality outcomes for baby’s first year of life for those members in the Baby’s First program vs. those not enrolled in the program include:
- 76% reduction in ED costs
- 64% reduction in inpatient/readmission costs
- 60% reduction in overall medical costs
- 21 adverse events avoided by early detection of depressive symptoms
- 100% of participants surveyed reported they would recommend the program to a friend
Download the results of this program here.
Designed to deliver the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) Triple Aim – reduced cost of care delivery, improved population health quality measures, and increased patient satisfaction – the program not only produced evidence-based outcomes in all of these categories, but was also recognized by Nebraska’s Governor Ricketts 2018 proclamation of “Stork Day,” recognizing Baby’s First impact on reducing health disparities and increasing health equity.
Says Bob Gold, Chief Behavioral Technologist, GoMo Health, “The key to achieving positive health outcomes is the unique application of our behavioral engagement science, BehavioralRx® embedded into the GoMo Health digital therapeutics. This 1-2 punch works in harmony with people’s daily ups and downs and individualizes care plans and resources based on a person’s psycho-social determinants and environment of need.”
Baby’s First uses the evidence-based BehavioralRx® science to individually align the engagement of women and families with their social and personal determinants as well as their human-environmental challenges, guiding them with healthy child-rearing, postpartum and pediatric provider visits, vaccinations, education on breastfeeding, Shaken Baby Syndrome and Safe to Sleep practices, calming and coping techniques, healthy parenting motivation, local support resources, and bi-directional surveys and assessments.
Balancing behavioral coping and emotional support combined with delivery within each participants environment of need stimulates the following behavioral and cognitive outcomes:
- Stimulates memory retention and recall
- Nurtures patient and caregiver early awareness of adverse events indicators
- Creates motivation for people to listen, learn, and act
- Reduces feelings of loneliness and social isolation
- Produces honesty and transparency
- Increases reciprocity – to respond and act
- Builds confidence and believability (trust and credibility) to self-manage and activate in self-care
- Builds returned capacity to have friendships and socialize
- Develops, fosters, and strengthens resiliency
About GoMo Health:
GoMo Health® is a leader in population health management and digital therapeutic solutions that support the continuum of care, improved patient satisfaction, and MACRA value-based reimbursements. GoMo Health Concierge Care® personalizes patient interactions using our proprietary science, BehavioralRx®, The Science that Heals, building trust and credibility to motivate higher levels of activation and resiliency. In partnership with health care organizations worldwide, GoMo Health delivers a highly scalable and cost-effective solution for the management of high-risk, chronic, and complex conditions, enabling better self-management, healthy decision making, and improved outcomes.