Clifford Beers is a mental health outpatient clinic based in New Haven, Connecticut. Clifford Beers provides services such as therapy, crisis intervention, care coordination, home-based therapeutic services, and community consultation and training. GoMo Health and Clifford Beers created the Reach Out Connecticut program to provide support for increased stress and anxiety as a result of COVID-19.
- Deliver support for issues related to COVID-19
- Increase engagement with community activities
- Decrease ED visits
- Decrease volume of calls to call specialists
- Maintain and strengthen connection to therapist
- Empower participants to use coping skills to manage self
Mobile Support for COVID-19 Resources
Reach Out Connecticut aims to extend and enhance Clifford Beer’s engagement and advocacy with people and their caregivers in need of help because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Available in English and Spanish, the program utilizes Personal Concierge and GoMo Chat to provide a mobile/virtual care coordinator in conjunction with an integrated human and digital care coordination team.
Care Messages Powered by Personal Concierge
Via Personal Concierge, personalized text messages (called Care Messages) are delivered directly to the participant’s mobile device. Messages contain support, valuable information, and motivation. Some messages contain links that direct the participant to specific resources, and messaging is personalized and HIPAA compliant.
The Care Message content tracks include:
- Emotional Support
- COVID-19 facts and important information
- At-home exercises and activities
- Managing feelings of stress, anxiety, and/or isolation
- Coping tools
- Inspiration and motivation
- Social distancing
- Tips to cope
- Tips to stay healthy
- When to call your doctor
Help in The Moment of Need
In addition to the regular delivery of Care Messages, participants can text in a number of keywords to receive a message related to that topic. This allows the participant to receive the desired support at any time, on any day. Keywords include:
- HANDS / LAVADO – 20-second song to time proper handwashing
- HOPE / ESPERANZA – Uplifts and motivates
- MOOD / ANIMO – “Feel good”, motivational
- SMILE / SONRISA – Joke or quick game
- SONG / CANCION – Uplifting song
- SPIRIT / ESPIRITU – Faith-based
Secure Communication with Participants in Real-Time
Using GoMo Chat, call specialists can communicate in real-time with participants. With an easy-to-use interface, GoMo Chat increases care coordination productivity by facilitating in-the-moment engagement with secure SMS.
GoMo Health leveraged its proprietary emerging science, BehavioralRx, the science of precision health, to build these programs and determine the engagement strategy, approach, and content delivered.
The following behavioral and cognitive techniques were applied:
- Anchoring Technology / Cognitively connecting the desired action with an existing everyday activity.
- Conditioning Technology / Reinforcing target behavior.
- Nurturing Technology / Guided persuasion.
- Tailoring Technology / Persuasion through customization.